Become an ambassador
What Role Is For me?
We are constantly recruiting ambassadors, allies and pledgemakers to join the Women Friendly Leeds cause and further the movement. All roles are vital to Women Friendly Leeds and will receive support and guidance from the Women Friendly Leeds team.
Ambassadors are enthusiastic, passionate women who are key drivers in the Women Friendly Leeds movement. They support other women and girls to be involved, make change and represent WFL within the community in support of the five key objectives. You may find that you gravitate more towards one of the objectives and choose to focus on that.
Allies are women, men, or businesses who promote Women Friendly Leeds, support others to get involved and spread the word, encouraging conversations about women’s issues across Leeds.
Pledge Makers are individuals or organisations who are able to commit to an action to make Leeds more women friendly. This could be as small or as big as you want.
You can also be involved by joining the Leeds Women’s Hub or Vocal Girls, The Leeds Girls’ Hub. We also run a range of events you can get involved in. Read each page to find out more.
Become an ambassador
Are you interested in issues affecting women in Leeds?
Do you want to get involved in shaping our movement?
Becoming an ambassador is a great way to get involved in creating positive change for women in Leeds. Our network of ambassadors bring their individual ideas and skills together to shape our movement and support our campaigns.
When you become an ambassador you will:
- Be added to our mailing list, where you can find out about campaigns, events, and more in our regular updates
- Be invited to our regular Ambassador Network Meetings, where we meet on zoom to discuss updates from the movement, opportunities for involvement, and to share your ideas.
- Learn about opportunities to get involved in Women Friendly Leeds events, as well as broader opportunities to be involved in change in Leeds
Some ways Ambassadors have gotten involved in our movement include:
- Speaking at Women Friendly Leeds events, such as the launch of our Women Friendly Recruiters checklist, and our Hubs Together event
- Creating activist art which was featured in our ‘Speak Up! on women’s safety’ art exhibition, and has now been displayed at multiple venues across the city
- Influenced our campaigns and projects by proposing ideas in our Ambassador Network meetings
- Shared their experiences and skills to inform and support our work
- Spreading the word about our movement, and starting conversations about women’s issues in Leeds
If you’d like to get involved in these ways, or have any other ideas about how you could support our movement, become an ambassador!