Switch on to Women’s SafeTy
THIS HAS TO INVOLVE US ALL
Women’s safety concerns are a constant reality and the solution has to involve us all. Take a look below to find out how you can support our campaign.
We are asking for your views and experiences on in Leeds. The survey is open for 3 weeks and takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
Please be aware that there will be some explicit references to examples of sexual assault in some of the survey options, which may be difficult for some to read.
Please note: this survey is not open to men. We are currently collaborating with men on designing a second survey on men’s behaviours and working with men to effect positive change.
Shape Our Campaign
To help shape and inform our campaign on a more direct level, you can sign up to be an Ambassador. To find out more about what this role entails, click the button below.
Our campaign materials, designed with one of our Ambassadors, are available here to download.
This includes printable posters and graphics for social media.
Please feel free to use these when sharing information about our campaign and publicising our safety survey.
Support our Campaign
To support our campaign, you can sign up to be an Ally. To find out more about what this role entails, click the button below.
Organisations that can Support with Sexual Violence and Harassment
If you have been affected by sexual violence, assault and/or harassment, there are places that can help. Here is a short list of organisations in Leeds and nationally that can provide support:
- SARSVL – Support After Rape and Sexual Violence for all women and girls in Leeds – 0808 802 3344 / website
- Leeds Women’s Aid – Providing support for women and families in Leeds who are victims of domestic, sexual and honour based violence and abuse, forced marriage, trafficking, stalking and harrassment – 0113 246 0401 / website
- Leeds Domestic Violence Service – Providing support for people of all genders who are victims of domestic violence and abuse in Leeds – 0113 246 0401 / website
- Women’s Lives Leeds Service Directory – Visit the service directory to find more organisations that might be able to offer support in Leeds and the surrounding areas – website
- National Domestic Abuse 24 hour Helpline – 0808 2000 247 / website
- Rape Crisis England and Wales – 0808 802 9999 / website
- GALOP – LGBTQ+ anti-violence charity, including support for sexual violence, domestic violence, hate crime, and more – 0800 999 5428 / website
- Victim Support – Support for anyone affected by crime or supporting someone affected by crime – 0808 1689 111 / website
- Childline – Support for children and young people under the age of 19 for any issue they are going through – 0800 1111 / website
Our most recent Friday Hub on June 11th aimed to inform women about existing safety initiatives happening in Leeds. Safety initiatives aim to help us feel safer in our city, as well as materially improving safety, but the effectiveness of such processes partly rely on...